If you are using Instagram for your blog, business or brand, you want your photo’s to be seen. It is key that you use the right AND relevant hashtags. By simply adding hashtags you can drasticly increase the reach of your photo’s, boost engagement and it allows you to reach and connect with new Instagram users.
Today I share 5 tips on how you can use Instagram for your business. Here we go!
How to seriously find hashtags on Instagram to grow your reach and gain new followers
1. USE RELEVANT KEYWORD HASHTAGS
• Make sure you are using hashtags that include relevant keywords that are associated with your photo or video. If you sell furniture, you should use #furniture but don’t forget to name the furnitures that are visible on your uploaded photo, for example #chair #table #sofa #closet.
2. USE INDUSTRY RELATED HASHTAGS
• Keywords related to your industry or work should also be included in your hashtags. For example you have a store where you sell furniture, you should include relevant hashtags like #furniturestore #furnituredesign #homefurniture #interior #interiorstyling
3. LET YOUR COMPETITORS HASHTAGS INSPIRE YOU
• Ofcourse don’t copy their hashtags but check out what hashtags they are using and if there are certain hashtags that work really well, you should include them in your relevant Instagram posts.
4. DON’T USE TOO MANY OR TOO FEW HASHTAGS
• You can add max 30 hashtags to your photo but don’t over do it. Add max 5 hashtags to your photo and add max 25 hashtags in a comment. If you add more than 30 hashtags, your photo or comment will not be posted.
5. SERIOUSLY FIND YOUR RELEVANT HASHTAGS
• Open your Instagram app and look for the spyglass icon in the bottom of your screen. This is where you search for Instagram users, hashtags and places. When you are a blogger and you want to promote your blog and blogposts on Instagram, type “blogger” in the search bar and you will see the most popular hashtags with the word blogger in it like #bloggerstyle #bloggerlife #lifestylblogger. You should also include #blog #blogpost #ontheblog #blogging.
Just go and try a few hashtags and test if they will work for you. You can even create your own hashtag just like I did for the tips I am sharing on Instagram. Play around and have fun with your new and engaging hashtags!
That’s it! Do you use hashtags? Or maybe you created your own hashtag and other people are using it too? I love to read about your experiences!
Let’s connect on Instagram and make sure to check out the Instagram tips & tricks I will be sharing in the future: www.instagram.com/iArchana
Did you like this blogpost? Follow me on Pinterest and save this for later!